To nominate someone, please fill out the Nomination Form by scrolling down this page.
The Trusteeship, Southern California International Women’s Forum is dedicated to expanding its membership to include prominent women leaders who represent the rich diversity of Southern California. We seek individuals who are currently active and prominent in their fields. Their title and responsibilities should reflect major decision making authority, impact and influence in their organization or field. They should be highly accomplished, respected and recognized with a sphere of influence that extends beyond their own firm or organization. (This does not imply that a title of Chair, President or CEO is mandatory to qualify for membership).
To ensure that The Trusteeship remains a growing, thriving and diverse organization that offers unique and valuable benefits to its members, we have committed to two goals with regards to membership:
- To increase the number of new members who are under 50 years old;
- To invite new members who reflect the evolving economy and demographics of our region.
Equally important, but more subjective, we will give consideration to the following:
- Willingness to build relationships
- Sensitivity and judgment and respect to confidentiality
- Openness to share one’s own professional world with the membership at-large
- Desire and ability to participate in the Trusteeship and the IWF
Industry sectors where we are currently under-represented include:
Every Trusteeship member is encouraged to nominate women who meet these criteria. It is important that you Google your proposed candidate, as this can be a good gauge as to how broadly she is recognized in her field. If she is successful, but still up-and-coming, then she should be considered further down the road, once she has attained a higher level of prominence and influence in and beyond her field.
Suggested steps in preparing a successful nomination:
- Do an internet search on your candidate before submitting the nomination.
- It is optional, but sometimes helpful, to have a co-sponsor, another Trusteeship member who knows the candidate. Do not use non-Trusteeship members as co-sponsors or endorsers.
- Please provide enough information to validate your candidate’s prominence, achievements, recognition, reputation and broad sphere of influence.
- Additionally, you may attach the candidate’s photo, CV or bio, and any articles you think provide salient background information.
Please remember that the Membership nominating process is confidential and you should not disclose that you are proposing a candidate for membership to her or others, except for any co-sponsors.